Hello,the club of la canne „Rose Couverte de Paname“ in Antony ( in south of Paris) organizes a training course of bataireacht ( Irish stick) the weekend of 5-6 may with Maxime Chouinard, professor in Kingston (Canada) and instructor of the style of the Antrim bata. We have the opportunity to welcome him at our home with us so that Maxime can introduce us to the techniques of the Irish stick. Maxime Chouinard is the most well known instructor of the Antrim bata, one of the specialities of the Irish stick.
This seminar is opened to all with or without experience.
It wil…l take place to Antony ( situated in 30 min of center Paris with underground or train). On Saturdays mornings (if the weather allows it) we will take the lessons in the Park of Sceaux and on Saturdays afternoon, the training will continue in the gymnasium Léo Lagrange in Antony (train rer B „les baconnets).
Sunday afternoon, courses will take place in the gymnasium Velpeau to Antony (train rer B „la croix de berny“) until 2pm at 6 pm.
If you come from the outside of France, we can help you find an accommodation around of the seminar. You can find an „air bnb“ not expensive near the gymnasium
Don‘ t forget to take a lunch for Saturday.
After the training of Saturday, we propose to join with us in Irish pub to drink and eat speciality.
To help Maxime finance his journey in Paris, we put a secure payment site allowing to cover the expenses. The amount of the seminar (20 euros minimum) will only serve to finance its journey.If you wish to participate in the internship, we ask you to send an e-mail to batonirlandaisparis@gmail.
We hope to see you and we are at your service if you want more information.
A très bientot et merci.
Alle weiteren Informationen und Anmeldung dort: http://historisches-fechten.at/Veranstaltung/salzburg-fechtschule-trifft-turnier/
– advanced and beginners classes
– there will be separate tracks of classes for beginners and experienced Rapierists, so that everybody can train with all instructors at an appropriate level!
– Reinier van Noort (NL/NO) teaching Dutch single rapier by Bruchius
– Lynette Nusbacher (UK) teaching Fabris rapier and dagger
– Iacopo Iacoponi (IT) teaching Capoferro’s early rapier.
– Alberto Bomprezzi (SP) teaching destreza: Geometry applied to Fencing
– Mike Prendergast (IR) – Giganti’s pragmatic fencing against cuts.
We are planning a tournament on Sunday in thee pools.
– single rapier
– rapier and dagger…
– mixed (including aforementioned, cloak, and buckler (<30cm)
Each pool has one winner. The cup goes to the best technical fencer of the whole tournament.
The event is €90 or €75 if you pay before 1 May
registration is complete after receiving the payment
you can register here: